This sock recipe contains instructions for making a basic toe-up sock, and includes my variation on an afterthought heel with gusset and heel flap.
The construction of the heel fits well even with high insteps, and has the advantage of a
super-comfortable heel cup with absolutely no wrap/turn short-row stitches.
• Magic Loop
• JMCO (Judy’s Magic Cast-on)
• Left and Right Lifted Increases
• Afterthought Heel
• 100g sock yarn (Socks pictured are using hand-painted Estelle Alpaca Merino Fine.)
• 40” Circular Needle, size US 1.5 (2.5mm)
• Darning Needle
• Scrap of waste yarn in a contrasting colour